Saturday, October 8, 2011

Buenos this, buenas that

I've given up on Spanish for the most part. Buenas diaz till noon, buenas tardes from noon till dark, buenos noches after that ... 2 are feminine, 1 masculine ... whatever ... sometimes I just say buenas and let them figure it out ... hola works ok I think ... i say mucho gusto a lot too ... another fave is mas o menos - more or less.

Had a fine spaghetti dinner with 2 of Warb's French-Canadien friends last night, which was great. Earlier Friday I had eggs Benedictine with Hollandaise sauce at Juan's - a place I certainly will be returning to ... the night before we had oysters Rockerfeller at Harry's, a place near the big plaza that caters as much to Americans as Mexicans ... will be returning there also.

Today we will watch the OU/Texas game at the Longhorn Smoke House, a place about 4 blocks away. That place is adorned with Longhorn memorabilia, including a big painting of Bevo right under the big TV ... I fully expect to be killed there today.

The big news over the last 2 days are my new boots and new hat. I bought both at a big marketplace - the hat for 165 pesos and the boots for 400 pesos ... then had the boots treated at the big plaza for another 12 pesos. The hat is cool and the boots are awesome ... if anybody looks at me funny I just point to the boots, baaaay-beeeee.

Picked up another 2500 pesos yesterday to get me through for awhile I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment